Dinnteco monitors sites protected with the DDCE remotely.
All monitoring is carried out in areas of high probability or density of thunderstorms. All facilities have had serious incidents or direct lightning strikes in the past.
We do not use in-house methods such as lightning counters or storm warning systems, but instead hire the services of Meteorage, a leading company in the sector due to its methodology, which provides results with the lowest range of error.
- The tower being studied is owned by the Basque Government and is managed by ITELAZPI, located in the VIZCAYA area (PAIS VASCO, SPAIN). This tower houses the service of the Meteorological Radar of AEMET (Spanish State Meteorology Agency) of the Basque Country and is located in an area of high incidence of lightning (area with a lightning density level (Ng) of 5).
- Before the installation of the DDCE100, ITELAZPI informed us that there had been direct strikes on the tower with significant electrical damage.
- In the 2 years of the study (2015 - 2016), there was NO direct strike on the tower, nor within the 100 m radius of coverage
- During this period (2015 - 2016) there were 96 strikes in the 2 km around the tower, with the following results:
- The nearest strike was 6 kA (negative), located over 100 metres away (recorded on July 1, 2015 at 18:09:29 hours). All other strikes were more than 100 metres away from the TOWER